Friday 6 July 2012

MARGOTH’S OATH

They will never defeat me:
Never.
I will never stay down.
Each time They knock me over, then will I get back up,
And return to Them, with my open hand outstretched.
Even as They knock me down, I will wipe the dirt from my eyes,
And I will get back up.
When They push me away: I will protest.

There will never be enough of Them to hold me down.
Whatever Their questions I will have an answer.
And whatever their answers, I will have one more question.
I will wait outside Their doors:
I will listen at Their tables.
And my eyes will burn into Their souls.
Aye, and far beyond.

Whatever They destroy, I can rebuild.
Whatever They attack, I can defend.
Even when They have a thousand alternatives,
I shall suggest one more.
When They have aired a thousand reasons
I will seek one more.

And When They believe that finally
They have me buried,
I will arise.
Then there will be no more excuses
And justice will prevail.


Once only shall They be put to the sword.
Once, and once only will They fall.
And They
Will not
Get back up.